About Me

My photo
My name is Simone, my sister calls me Pony. This is my blog about life. I have just purchased my first home and I plan on documenting the progress we make decorating and tweaking our nest while still keeping busy with the things I love.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bike Parking Paris Style

I snapped this photo outside the apartment we stayed in in Paris last year! Soo many bikes and soo little space.

We are also facing the same dilemma at our house. A and I rent a small house with a massive open plan dining, kitchen and living (not many walls!) two bedrooms (with impractical built in wardrobes) and a bathroom with a euro laundry.

We have a small back yard which I park my car in and a courtyard out the front. We don't have a shed or garage. Currently our bikes are living in various places  around the house including the kitchen and hallway.

As we are renting we don't have a huge amount of options for wall attachments.

I think we will have to look into portable sheds! My old bike lived under the veranda locked up out of the rain, but our new babies are worth a whole lot more so that isn't the best option!