About Me

My photo
My name is Simone, my sister calls me Pony. This is my blog about life. I have just purchased my first home and I plan on documenting the progress we make decorating and tweaking our nest while still keeping busy with the things I love.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Apple Cake Love

My sunday checklist didn't really get completed.

We did get the shopping done and I did some baking but the wind was too cold for a ride and picnic.
For dinner I planned on making okonomiyaki but had cake and champagne instead in celebration as A's sister had a baby.

I made an apple cake from Taste. I didn't completely follow the recipe.


1/2 cup of brown sugar with 125grams of butter

I added 1 tablespoon instead of teaspoon of vanilla extract. 

Mix well until light and fluffy

Next is 1/2 a cup of plain flour and 1 cup of SR flour.

Sift into the butter and sugar mix

add 3/4 cup of milk and fold everything until combined

The recipe suggested two small apple, I used large and almost had a double layer.

Crispy on the outside moist on the inside! best! 



celebration dinner!
My pan was a bit bigger so when I poured the mix in there was nowhere near enough. Then I read the comments on taste that suggested making more mix. I should have heeded their warnings! 
So i made another batch and added it to the first lot. 
I put extra apples on and I'm glad I did, I would also put some apple in the middle next time as well as the cake was bigger! 
It did take well over an hour so will do for dinner washed down with champagne! 

I think I will go jogging in the morning!

How was your weekend? xoxox

2 comments:

  1. my checklist only got halfway done as well! but i wish it had included baking an apple cake - that looks SCRUMPTIOUS, apple based desserts are my absolute favourite. guess i'll have to settle for a weight-watchers apple crumble bar. hah.

    x

    love letters to lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Not a weight watcher substitution!
    Although I did get a new gym membership today, it is too chilly to exercise outside!
    I was happy with what I got done considering i made my list at about 11am while still in bed with crazy cat lady hair!
    I will aim for more next weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete